Our Neighbours Need Your Help…
You may have heard the devastating news about our Aussie neighbours. They are currently experiencing the worst bushfires in Australian history. We have been receiving questions about how this has impacted New Zealand. Firstly, let us clarify that the bushfire smoke will not have any impact on your trip. There have been some smoke clouds, however, they pass through quickly and the air quality on both the North and South Islands has not been diminished. It is business as usual for us fortunate folk here in New Zealand.
However, our neighbours have not been so lucky. Aussies and Kiwis have always had a friendly rivalry but whenever either is experiencing hardship, the countries band together to help each other through tough times. We are all absolutely heartbroken over what is happening across the water. The fires have consumed over 5 million hectares (six times the size of the 2018 Californian fires), thousands of homes have been destroyed, lives have been lost and over 500 million animals have perished, including koalas, kangaroos, wombats and countless farm animals. As a company who values the environment so much, this situation hits close to home and we have been helping in any way we can.
If you feel called to help, you can donate to one of the causes below. We appreciate any help you can give, even if it’s as simple as passing this information along to your friends and family.
- To help Wildlife Rescue you can donate to WIRES
- To help in the rescue of domestic and farm animals you can donate to the RSPCA
- To help people who have been displaced by the fires you can donate to the Australian Red Cross
- To help the Victorian community, you can donate to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal
- There have been fantastic fundraising efforts to support the firefighters on the front line. They have advised that they do not need further donations.