Looking for a tour with the best hikes New Zealand has to offer?
Are you planning an active vacation to New Zealand? Looking for a fully guided walking tour with the best hikes New Zealand has to offer? Want to stay in some stunning unique locations but keep all the comforts of home? If this is you then we would love to introduce our 'World Heritage Walking Tour', with the best hikes in New Zealand, once in a lifetime activities and laid-back luxury comfort all the way.
As we mentioned in our previous blogposts, at New Zealand Trails we have been guiding and operating New Zealand outdoor tours since the 1990s and our 'World Heritage Walking Tour' is the best of all we have discovered in all these years and we are very proud to introduce this tour to you.
What kind of tour is this?
This is an 11 or 13 day small group New Zealand guided walking tour, starting in Christchurch and ending in Queenstown or back in Christchurch. You'll experience that famous Kiwi hospitality first hand as you travel with your experienced New Zealand hiking guide for the entire duration of the tour and meet other local guides on the way. The tour includes all transportation, accommodation, guided walking, activities, national park entry fees and most meals. Our aim is not to see as many places as possible in the time we have but to offer the right balance between seeing some national icons and discovering secret locals' favourites. To ensure you have the kind of experience you're looking for, ie, unhurried and personal, our group sizes are limited at 12 guests.
What are the highlights?
We are sure you'll agree that there are so many great experiences included in this tour, but if we had to sum up the highlights this is how we would do it:
- The best hikes New Zealand has to offer: Guided hikes on the Milford Track, Routeburn Track and Hollyford Track plus Arthur's Pass and Mount Cook national parks.
- Overnight stays in stunning, off the beaten track locations: Arthur's Pass, Punakaiki, Martins Bay Lodge at the end of the Hollyford Valley and Nokomai high country station.
- Once in a lifetime iconic activities included in your itinerary: Helicopter flight from Milford Sound to Martins Bay, Fiordland back country jetboat, walking on the ice at Fox glacier, Nile river glowworm caves, the world famous Tekapo night sky and the TranzAlpine scenic rail journey.
We have put in a lot of work to make this tour unique and also to include travel experiences that over 10 years of client feedback has flagged as the very best so we are confident you won't find another fully guided New Zealand hiking tour offering all this.
What is different about our 'World Heritage Walking Tour'?
We appreciate that you will be gathering a lot of information to help you plan your New Zealand vacation and it would be helpful for you to see what's different about us and the way we operato our tours. So here's what we offer which is different to other New Zealand walking tour operators:
- Guaranteed small group. We never have more than 12 guests on our tours.
- Laid-back luxury accommodation. Unless we're visiting a remote area where there are no other options, our accommodations are at a laid-back luxury standard.
- Fully guided. Your guide is with you all the way to enrich your journey with lots of interesting insight and is there to help you anytime you need it. All the hikes and activities included in the itinerary are guided. We also tap into the knowledge and experience of local guides along the way.
- Experience and proven record. We have experience operating outdoor tours in three continents for nearly 20 years and have a 100% safety record.
- Full service travel agency. As well as helping you plan your walking tour, through our sister company Firstlight Travel, we are happy to book flights, arrange insurance and any other pre or post tour travel arrangements you need.
- We are a New Zealand owned and resident company. Our preference is to support New Zealanders and their communities.
Who enjoys our tours?
When you are weighing up options for your active New Zealand vacation it may help to see what kind of people enjoy our tours and some of the things they say. We have designed this tour with a certain person in mind, these are the people we have been guiding around the best of New Zealand over the last 10+ years and who we think will enjoy our small group walking tours most of all:
- You love the idea of an active hiking vacation and prefer mostly day hikes of 4-5 hours as opposed to 10 hour Bear Grylls style adventures, but you certainly want to go into the same kind of countryside.
- You love nothing more than spending a day out hiking but prefer the comforts of a hot shower, the best local cuisine (a glass of wine perhaps?) and a warm dry bed in your own room at night.
- You love to discover and learn as much as possible about the places you travel to. One reason you are interested in guided experiences is so that you can get an insight into all aspects of life - social, environmental, historical and current events.
- When you travel, you like to have people available who can help you out. This may be with things like questions about what to bring or travel insurance before you leave home or some help finding that special New Zealand souvenir for someone back home while you are here.
- Most of all, this tour is for people who love travel, meeting likeminded people from all around the world and sharing some great memories together.
Thanks for reading and we hope this has been some help for your New Zealand travel plans. Over the next few weeks we will introduce our 11 or 13 day New Zealand hiking tour in more detail and include some handy hints for anyone planning a trip to New Zealand. If you'd like to keep up to date with all our news please follow us on any of our social media channels:
To talk directly to one of our team about our tour, please contact us now or send through your phone/skype details and the best time to call and we would be more than happy to call you.
We look foward to talking soon.
by Andrew Wells - New Zealand Trails.
Who are we?
New Zealand Trails is an exciting new adventure between two established New Zealand hiking and outdoor tour companies - First Light Travel in Auckland and Hiking Guys in the South Island. These two separate journeys began back in 2002, with the values and goals that still guide us today – to showcase the best of the great New Zealand outdoors to overseas visitors in style and comfort. operating small group guided tours featuring some of the best walking and experiences New Zealand has to offer.